Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 10, 2012

How to Turn Skinny Jeans into Fabulous Flares (That You'll Want to Wear!)

I bought this pair of maternity jeans by Oh Baby from Kohls on clearance for $10 (down from $65). I HATE skinny jeans with a passion, but I figured I could modify them to my liking for that price! So I went to Joann's and bought some super cute fabric for a steal of a price as well!

Total Cost: $16

Here is how I did it! I started out with these:


I started by having the pants on and marking how far up the leg I wanted to have the fabric. Basically where I felt comfortable since the legs were so restricted. I just marked it with a pin on one side, measured, and marked it on the other pant leg the same measurement.


Now, I have NEVER used a seam riper in my life, but once I figured it out, it was super easy!! I just opened up the legs up to the point where I had marked.


Once done with that, I decided how big I wanted the leg hole at the bottom to be. I decided to use 6" on fabric at the bottom, so I cut it to measurement, pinned it at the bottom of the pant leg, flattened it out, and pinned it at the top where I had cut the pant leg open to.








I decided to use stitch witchery to adhere the cute fabric to the jeans. I measured and cut, and pinned it in place as the iron heated up.


Once the iron was ready, I followed the instructions and had a damp cloth on top of where I was ironing, and then pressed for ten seconds on each spot that needed heat. I then removed the pins and repeated the process.


After both legs were "glued" together, I trimmed the excess fabric and decided I wanted to add extra "security" by sewing the jeans a fabric together as well.


As you can see, I did the sewing by hand, and quickly, for a cute flirty look, and so it didn't have a mechanical finish. Now if you are making it, you could finish it however you wanted, either by machine or by hand :-)

And wearing the finished product (with my fur baby Harvey photo bombing. Haha!)!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I was given some skinny jeans and like you, totally not my fave! Going to give this a try! :D

    ReplyDelete